Hi, my name is Hayley and I'm an addict.

I read. And I aim to help others to read. Feeding an addiction is okay, but only when it doesn't become your life. At that point it is safe to sit the person down and talk to them about becoming a librarian...

Hence the creation of this blog, I've had an intervention and am currently undertaking a Certificate in Librarian studies (or something).

So read, comment, tease, challenge: do all you can to help your own addictions grow.

Sunday 27 March 2011

One small step...

Well, as this is the very first post on my very first blog I shall have to make it something worthwhile, something profound, something people will talk about for years to come...

Well I've drawn a blank.

Okay, how this is how things are going to roll:
I'm going to write a whole lot of things about all the different types of books (fiction/non-fiction/NZ based) that I have had the pleasure of reading, as well as make recommendations regarding books (only ones I am acquainted with of course) and also websites that may help further your quest in feeding your addiction. They'll be labelled as such:
  • Fiction Reviews
  • New Zealand Literature Reviews
  • Non-fiction Reviews
  • Favourite Websites

Now, any and all feedback is required! I need to know that I am not alone in this crazy world where images are taking over and literacy is becoming frowned upon (dramatic pause...)

No comments:

Post a Comment